|Nebraska's basketball coach Doc Sadler gets 2-year contract extension|
|Written by Admin|
|Wednesday, 02 April 2008 11:58|
Sadler's contract will run through the 2013-14 season, and his base pay will increase from $700,000 to $800,000 each of the next six years.
``Doc Sadler has done an exceptional job of motivating and preparing his basketball team this past season,'' athletic director Tom Osborne said. ``We are very pleased that he has committed to staying at Nebraska for an extended period of time. We believe the future of Nebraska basketball is bright under Doc's leadership.''
M and Arkansas last year, and his name was bandied again after Tuesday's resignation of Oklahoma State's Sean Sutton.
Sadler said he was not interested in the OSU job.
``This is where my family and I want to live and this is where I want to build a championship program,'' Sadler said. ``Even though we've had some success the past two years, we are not at the level where we want to be. But I'm happy that people can see my commitment and the progress we are making within the program.''
Sadler, 47, is 37-27 in two seasons since taking over for Barry Collier. He's the first coach in Nebraska history to record at least 17 wins in each of his first two years. Sadler guided Nebraska to a 20-13 record this season, and the Huskers earned a spot in the NIT. The 20-win season was only the 12th in the program's 112-year history.