CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Charlotte director of athletics Judy Rose has announced that junior guard DeMario Mayfield has been dismissed from the men's basketball team for violation of athletic department policy.
Mayfield has been suspended since Jan. 30 when he violated school rules for a third time in two seasons.
Mayfield was averaging a team-high 11.7 points with 3.6 rebounds this season before he was suspended indefinitely. He recorded 14 double-figure scoring games this season and 33 for his career. A transfer from Georgia, Mayfield was playing in his second season with the 49ers.
The school says he earned his degree from Charlotte in December.
Coach Alan Major said Friday that ``the coaching staff wants to wish DeMario the best in his future endeavors. We will continue to move forward as a team.''

NCAAB Headlines

More inNCAAB News  

NCAAB Top Stories

Thumbnail 2017 NCAA Title Odds Fresh off its first Sweet 16 berth in three years, Indiana seems to be trending back in the right direction under coach Tom Crean. This fall, though, will challenge the...
Thumbnail 2017 NCAA Title Odds George Washington named Maurice Joseph its interim head men’s basketball coach last week. Will the 31-year-old be able to keep the Colonials humming in 2016-17?
Thumbnail 2017 NCAA Title Odds Villanova always understood the myriad challenges of defending a national title. Yet the program definitely couldn’t have foreseen Friday’s bit of bad news.
More inNCAAB Articles  

NCAAB Team Pages