LAS VEGAS (AP) -A Clark County prosecutor says Charles Barkley is off the legal hook and the case on his $400,000 gambling debt is closed.
Chief Deputy District Attorney Bernie Zadrowski said on Friday that the retired NBA star sent a $40,000 check to pay statutory and bad check processing fees.
Earlier this week, Barkley paid $400,000 to Wynn Las Vegas after the resort filed a May 14 civil complaint in Nevada state court. It alleged Barkley failed to repay four $100,000 casino markers, or loans, received last Oct. 18 and 19.
The 45-year-old Barkley is an NBA analyst for Turner Network Television.

Top NBA Public Bets

NBA Top Stories

Thumbnail Lottery pick to begin pro career as reserve The Lakers stumbled to a 17-65 finish in 2015-16. Yet that doesn’t mean they’re willing to just hand over the keys to the No. 2 overall pick in June’s NBA draft.
Thumbnail Anthony, new faces hope to make run in East Carmelo Anthony announced his retirement from international competition in August after helping the U.S. men’s Olympic squad win gold. But will he ever...
More inNBA Articles  

NBA Team Pages