DOVER, Del. (AP) - The owner of Gateway International Raceway near St. Louis says it will cease all operations at the track.
Dover Motorsports Inc. said in a release Wednesday that the track could no longer be operated with ``an acceptable return.''
The company previously announced that it would not seek to run any NASCAR Series events at the facility in 2011. The track ran its final NASCAR Nationwide Series event on Oct. 23, 2010.
The majority of the track is leased from third parties. The company owns approximately 150 acres of the facility and has been in discussions with several interested purchasers.

Recent NASCAR Discussions

NASCAR Odds

No NASCAR odds found

Nascar Top Stories

Thumbnail Ford EcoBoost 400 Picks Which driver will take home the Ford EcoBoost 400 title today and also the NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship?
Thumbnail Ford EcoBoost 300 Picks The NASCAR Xfinity Series concludes its season later today with the running of the Ford EcoBoost 300. Which driver...
Thumbnail Ford EcoBoost 200 Picks The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series caps off its season and kicks off the tracing weekend with the Ford EcoBoost 200 tonight. Here are some drivers we like to contend for...
Thumbnail Ford EcoBoost 300 Odds The NASCAR Xfinity Series concludes its season on Saturday afternoon with the running of the Ford EcoBoost 300. Here...
Thumbnail Ford EcoBoost 400 Odds The final race for the Sprint Cup Championship takes place on Sunday in the Ford EcoBoost 400. Here is a look at the odds to win this...
More inNASCAR Articles  
Advertisement