|Newman says hasn't heard from NASCAR|
|Written by Admin|
|Friday, 10 May 2013 13:18|
Newman's race ended last week when Kurt Busch went airborne and landed atop Newman's No. 39 as part of a 12-car crash. Newman said afterward on TV that NASCAR has made significant safety advances but still can't figure out how to keep cars on the track. He used a vulgarity in his interview.
Newman was not fined for his comments.
Newman said Friday after qualifying for the Southern 500 he tried to contact someone at NASCAR ``who could make a difference.'' He said he has not yet gotten a response. Newman said he felt he fairly voiced his frustration over the Talladega crash.