Appeal board upholds penalties against Penske Print
Written by Admin   
Wednesday, 01 May 2013 10:24
NASCAR Headline News

 CONCORD, N.C. (AP) - NASCAR's penalties against Penske Racing for a failed inspection last month at Texas were unanimously upheld by a three-member appeals board Wednesday.
Roger Penske said he'll appeal to the final level, chief appellate officer John Middlebrook. The former General Motors executive last year reduced penalties against Hendrick Motorsports crew chief Chad Knaus after the initial appeals board upheld his punishment.
Penske declined to discuss much of the case made Wednesday because the team will argue again before Middlebrook. But he's previously said the team was working in a gray area of the rule book when NASCAR confiscated parts from the rear suspensions of the cars for defending Sprint Cup champion Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano.
NASCAR docked both drivers 25 points, fined the crew chiefs $100,000 each and suspended seven Penske team members.
The appeal was heard by Paul Brooks, former NASCAR senior vice president and president of NASCAR Media Group; Brandon Igdalsky, president of Pocono Raceway; and Dale Pinilis, operator of Bowman Gray Stadium in Winston-Salem.
Presenting the case for NASCAR was Sprint Cup Series director John Darby.
Penske had six people on hand for its presentation, which was headed by the team owner. Also present was senior executive Walt Czarnecki, who is listed as the car owner for Logano, team President Tim Cindric, competition director Travis Geisler and crew chiefs Paul Wolfe and Todd Gordon.
Geisler, Wolfe and Gordon are among the seven suspended for the infraction. They were allowed to work at the track while waiting for the appeal to be heard, but it will be up to Middlebrook to decide if they can attend races while waiting for the next phase of the process.
 

NASCAR Odds

No NASCAR odds found

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Contact Us | Advertising | 888-99-SPREAD

THIS IS NOT A GAMBLING SITE – If you think you have a gambling problem click here.

Disclaimer: This site is for informational and entertainment purposes only. Individual users are responsible for the laws regarding accessing gambling information from their jurisdictions. Many countries around the world prohibit gambling, please check the laws in your location. Any use of this information that may violate any federal, state, local or international law is strictly prohibited.

Copyright: The information contained on TheSpread.com website is protected by international copyright and may not be reproduced, or redistributed in any way without expressed written consent.

About: TheSpread.com is the largest sports betting news site in the United States. We provide point spread news, odds, statistics and information to over 199 countries around the world each year. Our coverage includes all North American College and Professional Sports as well as entertainment, political and proposition wagering news.

©1999-2013 TheSpread.com