|Allmendinger leaving IndyCar option open|
|Written by Admin|
|Friday, 25 February 2011 08:40|
Allmendinger, who switched to NASCAR in 2008, says while driving in the Oct. 16 race is an unlikely scenario, the prize money would be good incentive to give it a try.
IndyCar announced last week that it will allow up to five qualified drivers from outside the series a chance to win $5 million if they're able to win the race.
Allmendinger, Juan Pablo Montoya and Tony Stewart have been mentioned as drivers who might give it a try because of their backgrounds in open-wheel racing.
Montoya said it would be logistically impossible since NASCAR races in Charlotte that same weekend.