MLB Betting Tips & Strategy: How to find value when wagering on underdogs Print
Written by Brandon Shively   
Thursday, 03 April 2014 17:39

How to find value in MLB Underdogs

2014 MLB odds betting wagering tips baseball

LAS VEGAS, NV (The Spread) - When it comes to betting on baseball, or wagering in general, it's all about finding value.

Get Brandon Shively's Expert Picks

There are so many different statistical categories in baseball, trends, and systems that it might be a bit of information overload when handicapping games.  I am an in-depth handicapper that does account for a lot of these factors and my overall strategy is a personal UNDERDOG betting system that has yielded my clients along with myself a maximum return in profits.

Baseball is a game that is made of hot streaks and cold streaks. I like to find valued underdogs that have potential to win the game. I like to look at teams stats over the last seven days to see who is hitting the ball and who isn't.

I also like to look to see what teams bullpen might be struggling. We might see a team laying -200+, but over the last seven days this team might not be hitting the ball or their bullpen cannot be trusted.

When backing underdogs, I like to look for one of two things. One being an underdog that knows how to win. Rarely will we see St. Louis, Boston, or the LA Dodgers as an underdog but when we do I feel they are warranted a second look because these are teams that know how to win games.

The other factor I look at when playing on an underdog +150 or more is to make sure that our underdog has been swinging the bat the last seven days and they are capable of scoring runs. I like to look at pitcher/pitcher matchups and see what hitters have had success in the past vs. the opposing pitcher. If our underdog is swinging the bat, and they have had some recent success vs. the opposing team/ pitcher, then I would advise taking a closer look on this team.

I continue to rely on underdogs in baseball to account for roughly 80% of my plays. The other 20% will be very selective 'totals plays' and favorites under -150. I have a proven system that continues to generate profits as I find valued underdogs that are often overlooked by the public.

Before placing your wager in baseball, if your team has a (+) in front of it, instead of a (-), you will often be on the right side of the game. Be patient and do not force plays. I am a low volume handicapper that looks for key situations in baseball to further strengthen my picks. I do not use only one system when betting baseball, instead a use a great variety of proven systems and trends backed with stats that support my selections. I do not get caught up on the public's opinion on any games. I know that by doing my research and using my 'underdog betting' system, that I am on the right side of a game before it starts and that I will continue to maximize profits for both me and my clients.

For More of The Best Expert Picks and Analysis Check Out All The Handicappers at TheSpread Insiders!

 

Top Public Bets

#1 68 Calgary Flames 92%
#2 66 Nashville Predators 89%
#3 509 Washington Wizards 87%
#4 61 Tampa Bay Lightning 87%
#5 55 Washington Capitals 86%
#6 503 Cleveland Cavaliers 85%
#7 501 Toronto Raptors 83%
#8 59 Detroit Red Wings 83%
#9 557 Fresno State 77%
#10 522 Georgetown 75%
View All: NFL |  NBA |  NCAAF |  NCAAB |  MLB |  NHL

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Contact Us | Advertising | 888-99-SPREAD

THIS IS NOT A GAMBLING SITE – If you think you have a gambling problem click here.

Disclaimer: This site is for informational and entertainment purposes only. Individual users are responsible for the laws regarding accessing gambling information from their jurisdictions. Many countries around the world prohibit gambling, please check the laws in your location. Any use of this information that may violate any federal, state, local or international law is strictly prohibited.

Copyright: The information contained on TheSpread.com website is protected by international copyright and may not be reproduced, or redistributed in any way without expressed written consent.

About: TheSpread.com is the largest sports betting news site in the United States. We provide point spread news, odds, statistics and information to over 199 countries around the world each year. Our coverage includes all North American College and Professional Sports as well as entertainment, political and proposition wagering news.

©1999-2013 TheSpread.com