TheSpread is Pleased to Welcome GTBets as Our Newest Sportsbook Sponsor!
New Players Coming From TheSpread Can Enjoy a 100% Cash Signup Bonus. Click This Link to Join GTBets Now!
NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday, March 9
NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday, March 9
Saturday's NBA Betting Notes
Check out our quick-hitting betting notes on Saturday’s NBA action:
Brooklyn Nets at Atlanta Hawks (-3, 188)
Deron Williams seeks an encore performance when his Nets visit the Hawks on Saturday. Williams put on the best shooting display in the NBA this season on Friday with 11 3-pointers in 16 attempts in the Nets' 95-78 victory over Washington. Nine of the 3s came in the first half, a new NBA record, and the 10th set a team record. The Hawks have lost four of their last five after winning four in a row. Atlanta is 5-0 ATS in its last five games following an ATS loss.
Utah Jazz at New York Knicks (-10.5, 196.5)
The Jazz suffered a gut-wrenching 89-88 loss at Chicago on Friday and have lost three straight and six of seven as they cling to the No. 8 spot in the Western Conference. The Knicks have split their past four games since a three-game winning streak and remain in third place in the Eastern Conference standings. New York could be without star forward Carmelo Anthony for a third straight game because of a right knee injury. The Jazz are 0-7 ATS in their last seven trips to New York.
Charlotte Bobcats at Washington Wizards (-11, 188.5)
The Charlotte Bobcats look to avoid their second double-digit losing streak of the season when they visit Washington. The Bobcats have lost nine straight, the last eight by an astounding average of 24 points. Losers of four of their last five, the Wizards fell victim to a hot-shooting Deron Williams in a 95-78 loss at Brooklyn on Friday. The offensively challenged club has been held under 100 points in six straight games. The Wizards are 6-0 in their last six Saturday games while the Bobcats are 0-5 ATS in their last five Saturday tilts.
New Orleans Hornets at Memphis Grizzlies (-10.5, 179.5)
The surging Grizzlies are 11-1 in their last 12 games - the one loss coming at Miami - and have won three straight despite the absence of leading scorer and rebounder Zach Randolph to an ankle injury. The status of Randolph remains murky for Memphis. New Orleans suffered a particularly galling setback in Wednesday's 108-102 home defeat to the Los Angeles Lakers. The Hornets led by as many as 25 points and were ahead by 14 in the fourth quarter before the Lakers closed the game on a stunning 20-0 run. The Hornets won in Memphis 91-83 on Jan. 27 and have played over the total in eight of their last nine games overall.
Minnesota Timberwolves at Denver Nuggets (-15, 209.5)
The Denver Nuggets are riding a seven-game winning streak and have been nearly invincible at the Pepsi Center, where they have ripped off 12 consecutive victories and own a stellar 27-3 record. The Timberwolves have won two of the three matchups this season against the Nuggets, also squeezing out a three-point win at home on Dec. 12. Denver has failed to score 100 points only once in the last 22 games and the over is 5-1 in the last six meetings.
Houston Rockets at Phoenix Suns (+6.5, 209.5)
Phoenix, which fell into a last-place tie in the West with its 121-112 loss at Sacramento on Friday, has lost two straight following a surprising three-game winning streak. The Suns are playing with a depleted frontcourt while center Jermaine O’Neal attends to his ailing 13-year-old daughter. O’Neal is expected to return next week, but center Marcin Gortat is out for the rest of the season after suffering a foot injury against Toronto on Wednesday. Houston has lost nine of its last 12 meetings with the Suns and is 1-5 ATS in its last six games versus a team with a losing record.
Milwaukee Bucks at Golden State Warriors (-2.5, 211)
Golden State leads Houston by one game for the sixth spot in the Western Conference playoff race, while Milwaukee appears to be locked into the eighth position in the East. The Warriors received a scare Friday when All-Star forward David Lee exited the game in the first half with a bruised knee, but he was able to return and finished with 16 points. The Bucks have won six of the last seven games against Golden State, including two straight.
Re: NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday, March 9
NBA Betting Guide and Point Spreads – Playoff Contenders Meet in Atlanta
By: The Linemakers
The Atlanta Hawks (34-27 SU, 28-31-2 ATS) are currently holding onto the 7th seed in the Eastern Conference, but only trail the Brooklyn Nets (36-26 SU, 28-31-1 ATS) by 1.5 games for the fourth seed.
The two teams meet tonight at Philips Arena in Atlanta.
Bettors have benefited when the Nets have hit the road, thanks to their 15-13 against-the-spread record away from the Barclays Center. On the other hand, the Hawks have been unprofitable at home with an 11-16-2 mark against-the-spread.
The Hawks have gone OVER the total in 31 of 61 games. At home, they have hit the OVER in 18 of 29 games. The Nets have played UNDER in 36 of 63 contests overall and 17 of 28 road games.
These teams split their two prior meetings on the season, and also split the total; but the Nets failed to cover in both games.
Atlanta is a three-point favorite at home, and the total is 188.
* The Nets have covered four of their last five road games, but they have covered only once in their last eight visits to Atlanta. The Hawks have covered five of their last six when coming off a loss. The Hawks are -3.5 and the total is 187.5.
* The Jazz have failed to cover their last seven visits to New York. The Knicks have covered four of their last five games, and also stayed UNDER the total in their last five. The Knicks are -7 and the total is 192.
* The Hornets have covered only one of their last five games. The Grizzlies have failed to cover their last four home games. The Hornets have gone OVER the total in eight of their last nine games. The Grizzlies are -8.
* The Bobcats have failed to cover their last four road games. The Wizards have failed to cover their last five games, but have covered their last six games played on Saturday. The Wizards are -11 and the total is 189.5.
* The Rockets have covered 13 of their last 19 games. The Suns have covered only once in their last seven home games. The Rockets have stayed UNDER the total in their last four against teams with a losing record and also in four of their last five meetings with the Suns. The Rockets are -6.5 and the total is 209.5.
* The T-wolves have covered 10 of their last 11 visits to Denver. The Nuggets have covered their last four home games and 15 of their last 21 overall. The Nuggets have gone OVER the total in 21 of their last 28 games. The Nuggets are -15 and the total is 209.5.
* The Bucks have covered only four of their last 16 games. The Warriors have covered only once in their last five games. The Bucks have stayed UNDER the total in four of their last five visits to Golden State. The Warriors are -3 and the total is 211.
* Grizzlies forward Zach Randolph (knee) is doubtful.
* Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony (knee) is questionable.
* Wizards guard Bradley Beal (ankle) is questionable.