NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday January, 26
NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday January, 26
Saturday's NBA Game of the Day: New York at Philadelphia
The New York Knicks (26-14 SU, 21-18-1 ATS, 19-19-2 O/U) are expecting the return of point guard Ray Felton from a finger injury. The Knicks are coming off a 89-86 win over Boston on the road on Thursday, giving 1. Philadelphia (17-25 SU, 18-24 ATS, 22-18-2) is coming off two straight losses, including a 110-102 loss at Milwaukee getting 6.2 on Tuesday. The Knicks visit Wells Fargo Center on Saturday night at 7pmET.
Current PRO BASKETBALL Odds: New York is a 4.5-point favorite with a total of 192.
Matchup: Last game: (2/15/12). Memphis (-3.5) over BROOKLYN, 105-100. These teams have split the last six games.
New York is:
4-0 ATS in their last 4 road games.
18-7-1 ATS in their last 26 games vs. a team with a losing S.U. record.
2-7 ATS in their last 9 games following a S.U. win.
2-8 ATS in their last 10 games following a ATS win.
7-0 ATS in the last 7 meetings in Philadelphia.
7-1 ATS in the last 8 meetings.
3-9 last 12 matchups on the Under bet.
Road team is 12-4 ATS in the last 16 meetings.
6-2-1 ATS in their last 9 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
4-9 ATS in their last 13 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
4-9 ATS in their last 13 games following a ATS loss.
3-7 ATS in their last 10 games overall.
2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following a S.U. loss.
1-6 last 7 matchups on the Under bet vs. a team with a losing S.U. record.
G Ray Felton (finger) is questionable.
G Jason Kidd (back) is questionable.
C Marcus Camby (foot) is out until early February.
F Rasheed Wallace (foot) is out indefinitely.
G Nick Young (hip) is questionable.
C Kwame Brown (personal) is questionable.
G Jason Richardson (knee) is questionable.
C Andrew Bynum (knee) is out indefinitely.
While Carmelo Anthony has emerged as an MVP candidate, Raymond Felton is in many ways just as important to the New York Knicks.
Felton is expected to return Saturday night from a 12-game absence when the Knicks visit the Philadelphia 76ers.
New York (26-14) has split the 12 games without Felton, who has been out with a broken right pinky finger. The Knicks are 3-4 this season without Anthony, who is shooting 41.4 percent in Felton's absence after connecting at 47.3 before the point guard got hurt.
Chandler seems to be correct. New York shot 39.3 percent on 3-pointers before Felton's injury, and 35.7 since.
Felton's impact was obvious in November when the Knicks shot 40.7 percent on 3s and made 24 overall in beating the 76ers (17-25) by an average of 19.0 points in two victories.
The Knicks have won three of four after Thursday's 89-86 victory at Boston. Anthony played his first game in a visiting arena since his suspension for trying to confront the Celtics' Kevin Garnett earlier this month, and the New York star came through with 28 points in a defensive battle.
Felton could be matched up with first-time All-Star Jrue Holiday, averaging team highs of 19.0 points and 9.0 assists for the 76ers.
Holiday, however, saw his streak of scoring in double digits end at 24 games Tuesday as he scored nine in a 110-102 loss at Milwaukee. Evan Turner led three other Sixers with at least 20 points as he scored 23.
Philadelphia has dropped eight of 10 and sits in ninth place in the Eastern Conference. The Sixers are opening a season-high, eight-game homestand.
Holiday will be joined on the East All-Star team by Anthony and Chandler, who will make his first appearance.
Chandler figures to get tested Saturday by reserve center Spencer Hawes, who had 21 points and 12 boards against the Bucks. Hawes is shooting 58.0 percent and averaging 13.3 points and 6.1 rebounds in his last eight.
New York has won six of seven overall in this series and taken five of the last six matchups in Philadelphia.
Re: NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday January, 26
NBA Point Spreads and Betting Guide
By: The Linemakers
The last time the Pacers (26-17) and Jazz (23-20) met, the Pacers delivered a 104-84 pounding. It is unlikely that this lopsided loss has slipped the memories of the Jazz, and they will try to score some payback when the Pacers visit Salt Lake City for a rematch.
The Jazz should be extra motivated to erase the sour taste of last month’s 20-point defeat from their mouths. However, they also have a strong home-court advantage at EnergySolutions Arena, where they are 12-6 ATS.
Eyes will also be on the league’s playoff contenders as the Bulls (26-16), Knicks (26-14), Nets (26-17), Rockets (23-22), Warriors (26-16), Bucks (22-19), Spurs (35-11), Nuggets (26-18), Blazers (21-21), and a Chris Paul-less Clippers (32-12) all take the floor tonight.
* The Cavs have covered five of their last six games against Eastern Conference teams. The Raptors have covered nine of their past 10 home games against teams with a road winning percentage less than. 400. The Raptors have gone OVER the total in six of their last seven games. The Raptors are -6.5 with a total of 197.5.
* The Knicks have covered their last four road games, and have covered their last seven games at Philadelphia. The 76ers have covered only three of their last 10 games. The Knicks have stayed UNDER the total in the past four games. The Knicks are 3.5-point road favorites with a total of 192.
* The Bulls have covered 12 of their last 17 games against teams with a losing home record. However, they have failed to cover in their last five Saturday games. The Wizards have covered their last five home games. The Bulls have gone UNDER in 17 of their last 21 games against teams with a losing record. The Bulls are 1.5-point road favorites with a total of 185.
* The T-wolves have covered only once in their last nine games. The Bobcats are 4-10 ATS in their last 14 against the Western Conference. The T-wolves have gone OVER the total in their last five road games against teams with a losing home record. The Bobcats are -2.5 -- favored for only the sixth time this season, and the first time since Jan. 4 against the Cavs. The total is 194.
* The Nets have covered four of their last five against Western Conference teams. The Rockets have covered only once -- their last game -- over their last 10. Despite the Rockets high scoring ability, they have gone UNDER the total in their last four games. The Rockets are -3 with a total of 201.
* The Warriors have covered four of their last five games, failing last night in Chicago. The Bucks have covered seven of their last 10 following a loss. The Warriors have gone OVER the total in their past five against Central Division teams. The Bucks are -1.5 with a total of 208.5.
* The Spurs have covered 20 of their last 26 home games against teams with a road winning percentage less than .400. The Suns have gone UNDER the total in 21 of their last 28 games. The Spurs have gone UNDER in their last six games against Pacific Division teams. The Spurs are -9 with a total of 200.
* The Kings have failed to cover their last five games against teams with a winning record. The Nuggets have covered their last four games against Pacific Division teams. The Nuggets have gone OVER the total in their past four home games. The Nuggets are -12.5 with a total of 212.
* The Pacers have covered 10 of their last 11 games following a loss. The Jazz are 5-1 ATS in their last six home games. The Pacers have gone UNDER the total in 13 of their last 16 games. Six of the last seven meetings between the Pacers and Jazz in Utah have stayed UNDER the total. The Jazz are -2 with a total of 184.
* The Clippers have failed to cover their past four games. The Blazers have covered seven of their last eight games against teams with a winning percentage over .600. The Blazers have stayed UNDER the total in five of their last six home games. The Blazers are -1 with a total of 191.
* Knicks guard Raymond Felton (finger) is probable tonight.
* Bulls forward Luol Deng (hamstring) is doubtful.
* T-wolves forward Nikola Pekovic (thigh) is OUT.
* T-wolves forward Kevin Love (hand) is OUT indefinitely.
* Nets guard Deron Williams (thigh) is questionable tonight.
* Spurs forward Tim Duncan (knee) is questionable.
* Clippers guard Chris Paul (knee) is OUT indefinitely.
Re: NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday January, 26
Daily NBA Team Situations
Brooylyn Nets – coming off blowout loss @ Memphis last night, 3-7 on B2Bs this season, traveled from Memphis to Houston overnight, play Orlando at home in 2 days
Charlotte Bobcats – 7-15 at home ATS this season, rested, coming off ATL loss, play @ Chicago in 2 days, neither should play large role
Chicago Bulls – huge letdown spot after win last over GSW, 4-5 ATS on B2Bs this year
Cleveland Cavaliers – coming off two wins ATS, playing well, on B2B tonight, GSW in 3 days, traveled from Cleveland to Toronto last night, 14-11 ATS on the road this year, 5-7 on B2Bs this season
Denver Nuggets – rested team, should pull away in 2H, 12-7 ATS at home this season
Golden State Warriors – blowout loss @ Chicago last night, traveled from Chicago to Milwaukee overnight, 6-4 on B2Bs this season
Houston Rockets – 4-9 ATS on B2Bs this season, beat NOH in blowout last night, traveled from NO back home overnight, @ Utah in 2 days
Indiana Pacers – coming off big loss 3 days ago @ Portland, play @ Denver in 2 days, 8-0 ATS after 10 pt losses this season, 11-13 ATS on road
Los Angeles Clippers – coming off 3 ATS and SU losses, 1-4 ATS on road last 5, play Portland @ home again tomorrow
Milwaukee Bucks – loss to Cleveland last night, traveled back home last night, 8-11 at home ATS this season, 2-6 on B2Bs this season
Minnesota Timberwolves – 5-5 on B2Bs this year, coming off big loss to Washington last night, play Clippers in 4 days, traveled to Charlotte overnight
New York Knicks – coming off tough win @ Boston, play ATL at home tomorrow, 11-9 ATS on the road
Philadelphia 76ers – coming off loss @ Milwaukee 2 days ago, Memphis at home in 2 days (no look ahead), well-rested, 10-11 ATS at home, should start slow and finish fast, 4-9 ATS vs teams that avg 99 pts +
Phoenix Suns – coming off big win over LAC 2 nights ago, play @ Dallas tomorrow, 10-10 ATS on road this season
Portland Trail Blazers – coming off 20 pt win over Pacers 2 days ago, 4-5 on 2 days rest this season (rhythmic problems), 1-3 after 10 pt win this season
Sacramento Kings – coming off home loss vs OKC last night, traveled to Denver overnight, 4-4 on B2Bs this season
San Antonio Spurs – coming off win @ Dallas last night, 6-3 on B2Bs this season, start fast, finish slow
Toronto Raptors – coming off emotional high, play GSW in 2 days, 4-1 ATS last 5 home games
Utah Jazz – loss at LAL last night, traveled back home overnight, 4-6 on B2Bs this season, 12-6 ATS at home this season
Washington Wizards – 10 straight ATS wins, playing solid basketball, no letdown or look ahead, 9-2 on B2Bs this year
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Average Posts Per Hour:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Daniel Noto
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online