NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday January, 12
NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday January, 12
Miami Heat - Sacramento Kings Preview
As if things were not bad enough for the Sacramento Kings, now the online betting sites are reporting that the Kings may be moving to Seattle next season. At some point, the overabundance of California-based basketball teams was going to make someone the odd team out. The Warriors looked to be in trouble in Oakland, but the team has been competitive the past couple of years and has managed to dodge the relocation bullet. But it has been a long time since Sacramento has been a playoff team, and it may be time to give the franchise a new lease on life in a city that has already shown an affinity for NBA basketball.
The best online betting sites see that the Miami Heat is leading its division, but the Heat is not dominating the Eastern Conference as many expected it to. Miami is the defending NBA champion and the fans in Miami are expecting a dynasty from Lebron James and Dwyane Wade. But the team is not playing like a dominating dynasty in this regular season. The confidence and the swagger are still there for the entire Miami team, but the results are not what people had expected. The Heat should find success on its western road trip, but people will continue to question Miami until it shows that it is the absolute class of the Eastern Conference.
Why the Kings Will Win
Every sportsbook expert knows how hard it is for a team to play when it is distracted. Not only do these rumours of relocation distract the players, they will also confuse and distract the fans as well. If Sacramento has been strong anywhere this season, it has been in its own building. The mood in the building will be a little tense as this is one of the first games played since the relocation rumours started. But it could be energy that the Kings use to help swing the momentum in its favor.
Why the Heat Will Win
As with any championship caliber team, fans can expect the Heat to win the games against struggling opponents. Miami has feasted on teams with sub-.500 records this season, and that is the category the Kings fall into. Miami will stay focused on this game and do what it needs to do to come out of Sacramento with the win. But this one may be a bit more difficult that the Heat had been counting on.
The Bottom Line
Something changes in a team when it starts to hear that it may be changing home cities next season. The team feels that it has something to prove to the people that are letting it go. That is what creates the strange and tense relationship between the team and the town it is leaving. The Heat will be caught in between that crossfire, but Miami should still come out with the win.
Pick: Miami Heat
Re: NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday January, 12
NBA Point Spreads and Betting Guide
By: The Linemakers
There are eight games in the NBA today, though none feature two teams with winning records. Perhaps the most compelling contest is in Sacramento, where Miami takes on the Kings. The Heat have lost three of their past four, including each of their past two, and will look to get back on track against a Kings team that has dealt with relocation rumors this week.
* The Magic have covered their last seven road games against teams with a winning home record. The Clippers have covered their last six games playing on two days rest and have also covered their past four Saturday games. The Magic have gone OVER the total in their last nine games.
* The Bobcats have covered only two of their last seven games. The Pacers have covered six of their past seven games against teams with a winning percentage lower than .400. The Pacers have gone UNDER the total in their last six games.
* The Hawks have covered 10 of their last 16 road games against teams with a losing home record. The Wizards have covered their last four home games against a team with a winning road record. The Wizards have gone OVER the total in their last four home games.
* The Jazz have covered their past four games against teams with a losing record. The Pistons have covered only three of their past 11 home games. The Jazz have gone OVER the total in their last six games against Central Division teams.
* The Rockets have covered 11 of their last 14 games. The 76ers have covered only three of their past 10 home games. The 76ers have gone OVER the total in their last seven home games against a team with a losing road record.
* The Bulls have covered only five of their last 18 games following a win. The Suns have gone UNDER the total in five of their last six games. However, the OVER has occurred in four of the past five meetings between the Suns and Bulls.
* The Grizzlies have covered their past four road games. The Mavericks have covered four of their past five games following a win. They have also gone OVER the total in their last six games following a win. However, the last four times the Grizzlies and Mavericks have played, the games have gone UNDER.
* The Heat have not covered in their last five road games and only once in their last eight games overall. The Kings have covered seven of their last eight games when playing on one day's rest. The Kings have gone OVER the total in their last seven home games.
* Magic forward Glen Davis (shoulder) is OUT indefinitely.
* Magic guard Hedo Turkoglu (hand) is questionable.
* Clippers guard Grant Hill (knee) hasn't played yet this season and is questionable today.
* Bobcats guard Ben Gordon (hamstring) is questionable.
* Pacers center Roy Hibbert (back spasms) is questionable.
* Wizards guard John Wall (knee) hasn't played yet this season and is probable tonight.
* Wizards guard Jordan Crawford (ankle) is doubtful.
* Heat forward Shane Battier (hamstring) is OUT.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Average Posts Per Hour:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Ivan E. Untalan
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online