TheSpread is Pleased to Welcome GTBets as Our Newest Sportsbook Sponsor!
New Players Coming From TheSpread Can Enjoy a 100% Cash Signup Bonus. Click This Link to Join GTBets Now!
NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday December, 1
NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday December, 1
NBA game of the day: Grizzlies at Spurs
Memphis Grizzlies at San Antonio Spurs (-5.5, 194.5)
The San Antonio Spurs are dealing with distractions associated with Gregg Popovich’s decision to rest four of his better players on Thursday and will look to sidestep the chaos when they host the Memphis Grizzlies on Saturday. The organization was fined $250,000 by NBA commissioner David Stern on Friday, one day after Popovich had Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Danny Green fly home prior to Thursday’s game in Miami to rest up for the Grizzlies.
Memphis has the best record in the NBA and enters with a four-game winning streak. The Grizzlies are playing just their sixth road game – they are 4-1 – when they go up against the Spurs. “We’ve been playing pretty decent all year long at home,” Memphis coach Lionel Hollins said. “It was a long homestand. It’s probably time to go back on the road. It’s not easy on the road, but I think your juices get flowing and you get stale being at home.” San Antonio is 4-2 at home but hasn’t played at the AT&T Center since losing to the Los Angeles Clippers on Nov. 19.
ABOUT THE GRIZZLIES (12-2): Memphis gave up just 78 points in Friday’s victory over the Detroit Pistons, matching a season-low for points allowed set against the Cleveland Cavaliers two games earlier. The Grizzlies forced 22 turnovers with point guard Mike Conley racking up a season-high six steals to raise his season average to 2.46 per game. Memphis has held 13 consecutive opponents under 100 since giving up 101 in a season-opening loss to the Los Angeles Clippers. The Grizzlies lead the league by allowing just 90.1 points per game.
ABOUT THE SPURS (13-4): San Antonio’s reserves gave the Heat quite a battle before falling 105-100. The Spurs were playing their fourth game in five nights – all on the road – and Popovich decided it was more important to have his key players well-rested for the Grizzlies than have them play against Miami. Gary Neal scored a team-high 20 points and Tiago Splitter tallied 18 as five San Antonio players scored in double figures. “Pop is the coach of the San Antonio Spurs,” Neal said. “He did what’s best for us.”
* Grizzlies are 4-0 ATS in their last four road games.
* Under is 5-1 in Grizzlies’ last six overall.
* Over is 6-0 in Spurs’ last six overall.
* Grizzlies are 0-4 ATS in the last four meetings.
1. The Grizzlies are just 1-15 over their last 16 regular-season visits to San Antonio.
2. Ginobili scored 20 points and drained six 3-pointers in Thursday’s rout of the Orlando Magic.
3. Memphis has allowed just 79.3 points over their last three games.
Re: NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday December, 1
NBA Point Spreads, Trends and Injuries
By: The Linemakers
Saturday's NBA action is highlighted by the Nets-Heat and Grizzlies-Spurs match ups. Here is point spread information, trend analysis, and injury notes from around the league.
* The Nets have gone 9-1-2 ATS in their past 12 games. They are 7-0-2 ATS following a straight-up win. When the Heat get one day of rest, they have covered nine of their past 11 games. The favorite has covered four of the past five meetings between the Nets and Heat. The Heat are -8.5 tonight.
* The Blazers have not covered in their last five games against a team with a losing record. The Cavaliers have covered five of their past six games coming in to tonight. The Blazers have covered four of their last six meetings with the Cavs. The Cavs are 1-point favorites tonight.
* The 76ers have covered four of their past five road games. The Bulls have not covered the spread in their past five games after a win. The 76ers and Bulls have gone UNDER the total in their past four meetings. The Bulls are -6.5 with a total of 183.
* The Thunder have covered their past four games. When scoring over 100 points in their previous game, the Thunder are 17-5 ATS in their next game over the past 22 instances. The Thunder also love to run on Saturdays, going OVER the total in their past seven Saturday games. The Thunder have covered their past five meetings in New Orleans. The Thunder are -8.5 with a total of 193.5.
* The Rockets have covered five of their past six home games. The Jazz play well with no rest; they have gone 8-3 ATS on the back end of their past 11 back-to-back games. The Jazz and Rockets have gone UNDER the total in their past four meetings. The Rockets are -6 with a total of 204.5.
* The Bucks now covered their past five games on the back end of back-to-back games. The Celtics and Bucks have gone UNDER the total in their past four meetings. The Bucks are -3 with a total of 195.
* The Grizzlies have covered 11 of their past 13 games. The Spurs have covered only once in their past seven instances of playing against a team with a winning percentage over .600. The Spurs also come home sluggish, going 0-3-1 ATS in their last four instances of coming off a road trip of more than seven days. The Spurs have gone OVER the total in their past six games. The Grizzlies and Spurs have gone OVER the total in nine of their past 12 meetings in San Antonio. The Spurs have covered the past four meetings overall. The Spurs are -6.5 with a total of 195.
* The Pistons have covered four of their past five games coming off a loss. The Mavericks bounce back well, too, going 7-1 ATS in their last eight instances when they lost a game by 10 points or more. The Pistons have covered four of their past five in Dallas. The Pistons and Mavericks have gone OVER the total in their last seven meetings. The Mavericks are -7.5 with a total of 195.5.
* The Kings have covered only one of their past seven games playing on the back end of back-to-back nights. The favorite has gone 6-1-1 ATS in the last eight meetings between the Kings and Clippers. The Clippers are -12 with a total of 197.5.
* The Pacers have covered seven of their past eight games against the Pacific Division. The favorite have covered five of the past six meetings between the Pacers and Warriors. The two teams have gone OVER the total in seven of their past 10 meetings at Golden State. The Warriors are -4 with a total of 190.
* Nets center Brook Lopez (foot) is OUT tonight.
* Hornets center Anthony Davis (ankle) is OUT indefinitely.
* Jazz forward Derrick Favors (foot) was injured in his last game and is OUT tonight.
* Celtics guard Rajon Rondo (suspension) is OUT tonight.
* Kings guard Tyreke Evans (knee) missed his last game and is doubtful tonight.
* Clippers guard Chauncey Billups (back) is probable tonight.