College Basketball Betting News and Notes Saturday November, 24
College Basketball Betting News and Notes Saturday November, 24
-- Colorado State allowed 59 ppg in winning first two D-I games, both by 7 points, over Montana/Denver; Rams are more inside-oriented now that Eustachy is coach. MWC road underdogs are 6-1 vs spread. Pac-12 home favorites of less than 15 points are 10-2. Washington split its first four games, despite making 42% of shots behind arc.
-- Northridge was 7-21 LY, is already 6-0 this year, but #140 Tulsa was best team they've beaten; Matadors force turnovers 25.8% of time, are making 79.7% of foul shots- they've already beaten two WCC teams. BYU is 3-0 vs teams not in top 100 (CSUN is #194), winning by 15-18-19 points. Big West road underdogs are 8-5 against spread.
-- Memphis lost to VCU/Minnesota in Bahamas; Thomas played all but one minute Friday- no one else played more than 25 for Tigers, who are 2-2 now, beating two stiffs. Northern Iowa lost to Louisville/Stanford; Cardinal spanked them by 16 Friday. C-USA teams are 7-10 vs spread when line is 5 or less points.
-- Stanford/Minnesota bounced back with wins Friday. Cardinals won by 16; their bench scored 36 of Stanford's 66 points. Memphis native Hollins had 41 vs Tigers yesterday, so he could have letdown here; Gophers played top two guys 35-37 minutes Friday, no one else had more than 28 minutes played.
-- VCU played three guys 33+ minutes in 67-58 loss to Duke- they beat Memphis pretty good in opener. Rams were outscored 24-12 from foul line vs Duke. Missouri turned ball over 21 times vs Louisville last night, figures to see more pressure here; Tigers are not real deep- they played three guys 29+ minutes last night.
-- Duke-Louisville is huge. Cards had trouble with slowish UNI squad in first round, found more athletic Mizzou simpler to pressure in easy win last night. Cards still played three guys 31+ minutes. Duke was 24-27 on foul line, had only 8 turnovers, overcoming 3-15 shooting from the arc vs VCU Friday. These teams haven't played in the last 10+ years.
-- UNLV got beat in its own gym last night, as Oregon isolated whatever player freshman sharpshooter Reinhardt was guarding; Rebels lack true point guard, which hurts their shot selection. Iowa State shot 8-27 from arc, 12-21 from line in 8-point loss Friday. Cyclones played three guys 28+ minutes. MWC home favorites of less than 15 points are 0-8.
-- Cincinnati played 9 guys 12+ minutes, with only two playing 30+ in 78-70 win Friday; Kilpatrick was 16-16 from line (32 points)- other UC guys were 3-14 from arc. Oregon played 4 guys 30+ minutes, but two of them were subs, as starters Singler/Woods were both in foul trouble and sat a lot. Pac-12 neutral court underdogs are 6-4 against spread.
-- Interesting contrast of styles, with controlled Wisconsin playing 40:00 of Hell Arkansas, which was shredded by ASU PG Carson is 83-68 loss to Sun Devils Friday. Wisconsin misses PG Gasser in games like this; Badgers made only 8 of 27 from arc, 12-16 from line as Creighton wore them down in second half of 84-74 win.
-- Creighton is offensive juggernaut, making 65%+ of 2-point shots; they outscored Badgers 22-12 from line Friday, scoring 46 points in 2nd half of 10-point win. Arizona State is playing faster than they ever have in Sendek era thanks to shifty PF Carson- they only had 12 turnovers vs Arkansas pressure last night.
-- Wright State played 7 guys 17+ minutes in easy win over Idaho State; this game is at altitude, so easy win is helpful here. Host Utah played 4 guys 27+ minutes in easy win last night- they held Central Michigan to 29.8% from floor. Horizon underdogs are 9-3, 4-3 in true road games.
-- Illinois State forced 27 UAB turnovers in 77-65 win; Redbirds' Allen was 6-9 from arc, rest of team was 1-13. Northwestern is a Princeton team, making them harder to pressure; they held TCU to 27% on night, 0-6 from line in 55-31 win. Hard to know if that says more about TCU's hideousness or Northwestern being good.
-- Northeastern was down 16 to Belmont, rallied for 74-71 win and spot in Alaskan Shootout final; Huskies had Thursday off, while Charlotte is playing third night in row. 49ers played 8 guys 17+ minutes as they had methodical win last night. Northeastern survived Belmont's 12-21 mark from arc to advance.
Re: College Basketball Betting News and Notes Saturday November, 24
College Basketball Notes, Point Spreads and Trends: Nov. 24
By: The Linemakers
Here's a look at a few notes and trends for Saturday's top 25 college hoops action. Lines and totals are from the LVH SuperBook.
South Padre Island:
Illinois St (-2.5) vs. Northwestern. Good matchup between two quality basketball teams. Illinois State is led by versatile forward Jackie Carmichael while Northwestern has enough depth and talent on this roster to finally break the long NCAA tourney dry spell. The best player on the floor will be Carmichael. This is a cheap number.
Battle 4 Atlantis:
Louisville (-1) vs. Duke. Duke may have the best big man in the country in 6-10 senior Mason Plumlee. Louisville has better guards than maybe anyone in the country. Something has to give. The thought here is that the guards will win out. Nobody plays better defense than the Louisville backcourt.
Global Sports Classic:
Oregon vs. Cincinnati (-4.5). Oregon won over UNLV on Friday, breaking the Rebels 20 game home court winning streak. The Ducks group of freshmen and transfers is very talented and very deep. Cincy has great backcourt in Cashmere Wright and Sean Kilpatrick. Should be fun to watch. This one should go down to the wire.
Lines and Trends
No. 5 Duke vs No. 2 Louisville – 9:30 p.m. ET
Line: Louisville -2, Total: 136.5
• Cardinals are 10-1 ATS in their last 11 neutral-site games.
• Cardinals are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 non-conference games.
• Cardinals are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. Atlantic Coast.
• Blue Devils are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games overall.
• Blue Devils are 5-15-1 ATS in their last 21 vs. Big East.
• Blue Devils are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 Saturday games.
• Under is 4-1 in Cardinals' last 5 Saturday games.
• Under is 7-2 in Cardinals' last 9 neutral site games.
• Over is 6-0 in Blue Devils' last 6 vs. Big East.
VCU vs No. 13 Missouri – 7:00 p.m. ET
Line: VCU -2, Total: 137.5
• Tigers are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games following a ATS loss.
• Tigers are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 Saturday games.
• Tigers are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 neutral-site games.
• Rams are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games overall.
• Rams are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 non-conference games.
• Over is 4-0 in Tigers' last 4 Saturday games.
• Over is 15-5-1 in Tigers' last 21 overall.
• Under is 5-1 in Rams' last 6 overall.
No. 14 Creighton vs Arizona St – 11:00 p.m. ET
Line: Creighton -10.5, Total: N/A
• Razorbacks are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 neutral-site games.
• Razorbacks are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
• Badgers are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 neutral-site games.
• Badgers are 12-4 ATS in their last 16 non-conference games.
• Badgers are 11-5 ATS in their last 16 Saturday games.
• Over is 6-2 in Razorbacks' last 8 games following an ATS loss.
• Under is 7-3-1 in Razorbacks' last 11 non-conference games.
• Under is 5-1 in Badgers' last 6 Saturday games.
• Over is 4-1 in Badgers' last 5 overall.
Iowa St vs No. 18 UNLV – 8:00 p.m. ET
Line: UNLV -9.5, Total: N/A
• Cyclones are 12-4-1 ATS in their last 17 games overall.
• Cyclones are 20-8 ATS in their last 28 Saturday games.
• Runnin' Rebels are 3-13 ATS in their last 16 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
• Runnin' Rebels are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 home games.
• Runnin' Rebels are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
• Runnin' Rebels are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 Saturday games.
• Over is 5-1 in Cyclones' last 6 non-conference games.
• Over is 4-1 in Cyclones' last 5 road games.
• Under is 16-5 in Runnin' Rebels' last 21 Saturday games.
No. 19 Memphis vs UNI – 1:00 p.m. ET
Line: N/A, Total: N/A
• Panthers are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 Saturday games.
• Panthers are 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a ATS loss.
• Tigers are 8-28-1 ATS in their last 37 non-conference games.
• Tigers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
• Under is 5-2 in Panthers' last 7 overall.
• Over is 6-2-1 in Tigers' last 9 overall.
• Under is 20-7-2 in Tigers' last 29 home games.
No. 22 Cincinnati vs Oregon – 10:30 p.m. ET
Line: Cincinnati -4.5, Total: 146.5
• Bearcats are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games overall.
• Bearcats are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 neutral-site games.
• Bearcats are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 Saturday games.
• Ducks are 20-7 ATS in their last 27 games overall.
• Ducks are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 non-conference games.
• Ducks are 4-10 ATS in their last 14 neutral-site games.
Charleston vs No. 24 Baylor – 9:00 p.m. ET
Line: Baylor -17, Total: N/A
• Cougars are 34-16-1 ATS in their last 51 non-conference games.
• Cougars are 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 games overall.
• Bears are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 non-conference games.
• Bears are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
• Under is 6-2 in Cougars' last 8 Saturday games.
• Under is 5-2 in Cougars' last 7 road games.
• Over is 5-1 in Bears' last 6 overall.
• Over is 5-1 in Bears' last 6 non-conference games.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Average Posts Per Hour:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- William Belltran
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online