NBA Betting News and Notes Friday 11/23
NBA Betting News and Notes Friday 11/23
Game of the day: Thunder at Celtics
Oklahoma City Thunder at Boston Celtics (+1, 196)
The Boston Celtics have dropped three of their last four and have been vulnerable at TD Garden, where they have lost half of their first six home games. The Oklahoma City Thunder showed they could fight off the best teams in the west by beating the Clippers on Wednesday and will be looking to kick the Celtics when they are down on Friday night. The Thunder have won three straight and eight of nine.
The Celtics are once again the worst rebounding team in the NBA but instead of making up for that deficiency with strong half court defense like they have in the past, Boston has allowed opponents to score over 100 points in each of its last five setbacks. Oklahoma City is one of the toughest teams in the league to defend with its combination of Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook and have put up 115.3 points in their last three wins.
ABOUT THE THUNDER (9-3, 7-4-1 ATS): In addition to the dual threat that Durant and Westbrook provide, Kevin Martin has settled comfortably into the sixth man role for Oklahoma City, averaging 17.8 points. The Thunder could also hold an emotional edge over the Celtics thanks to the presence of center Kendrick Perkins, a fan and locker room favorite of Boston that was traded away to the Thunder in the middle of the 2010-11 season. Perkins was limited to seven points and five rebounds in his first trip back to TD Garden last season, but the Thunder managed a 97-88 victory behind 28 points from Durant.
ABOUT THE CELTICS (6-6, 3-7-2 ATS): Boston does not have anyone around with the size to battle Perkins on the interior, leaving that defensive assignment to Kevin Garnett. The more difficult matchups will be Paul Pierce against Durant and Rajon Rondo guarding Westbrook. Rondo collected 22 points and 15 assists on Wednesday but opposing point guard Tony Parker went for 26 points as the Celtics dropped a 112-100 decision at home to San Antonio. Boston is in the bottom half of the league in scoring defense, surrendering 99.3 points, and allowed the Spurs to shoot 58 percent on Wednesday.
* Thunder are 4-1 ATS in the last five meetings.
* Under is 4-1 in the last five meetings in Boston.
* Road team is 5-1 ATS in the last six meetings.
1. Oklahoma City has taken three straight in the series and has won in its last three visits to TD Garden.
2. Rondo extended his streak of double-digit assists to 35 games on Wednesday.
3. Boston F Jeff Green, who came over from Oklahoma City in the Perkins trade, has been held to single digits in scoring in each of the last four games.
Re: NBA Betting News and Notes Friday 11/23
NBA Point Spreads and Trends: Friday, Nov. 23, 2012
By: The Linemakers
There are 12 NBA games on Friday night’s card. Here’s a look at some valuable trends and angles. Lines are from the LVH SuperBook as at 11:30 a.m. PT. Check out our live odds board for updated NBA point spreads and totals.
* The Hawks have covered their past four meetings with the Bobcats. Seven of their past eight meetings in Charlotte have gone OVER the total. The Hawks are -3.5 with a total listed at 189.
* The favorite has covered in eight of the past 10 meetings between the Cavaliers and Magic. The Magic are -4.5 tonight at home tonight.
* The Thunder have covered four of their past five games against the Celtics and seven straight against Atlantic division teams. The Thunder are -3 at Boston tonight.
* The Nets have covered seven of their past eight games against Pacific Division teams. They have also covered four of their past five against the Clippers. In their last nine meetings, the game has gone OVER seven times. The Clippers are -2.5 with a total of 195 at Brooklyn tonight.
* The Raptors have covered five of their past six games against a team with a losing record. Detroit’s 2-10 record definitely puts them in that group. The Pistons are 2-point favorites at home.
* The Spurs have covered their past five Friday night games. The home team in the Spurs-Pacers series has covered the past five times. The Pacers are at home tonight, getting 4.5-points from the Spurs.
* The Lakers have covered seven of their past eight games following a loss of 10-points or more. They also have failed to cover their past four road games. However, the road team in the Lakers-Grizzlies series has covered four of the past five meetings. The UNDER has also occurred four times in those five meetings. Tonight, the Grizzlies are 4.5-point favorites with a total of 199.5.
* The Knicks have covered 10 of their past 12 games coming off a loss. The favorite has covered nine of the past 10 meetings between the Rockets and Knicks. The Knicks are -4 tonight at Houston.
* The Nuggets have covered five of the past seven meetings against the Warriors in Denver. The Nuggets have gone UNDER the total in their past six Friday games. The Nuggets are -6.5 with a total of 201.5 tonight.
* The Kings have covered their past four games coming off a straight-up win of 10-points or more. The Jazz have covered their past five home games, but the Kings have covered six of the past seven meetings in Utah. The total has stayed UNDER in their past five meetings. The Jazz are -9 with a total of 193.5 tonight.
* The Hornets have covered eight of their past 10 coming off a loss. The Suns have covered 10 of their past 11 home games against a team with a losing road record. The OVER has occurred in seven of their past nine meetings in Phoenix. The Suns are -5.5 with a total of 194 tonight.
* The T’Wolves have covered four of their past five road games. The Blazers and T’Wolves have gone OVER the total in their past four meetings in Portland and in seven of their last eight overall. The Blazers are -2 with a total of 195.5.
*Bobcats guard Ben Gordon (knee) is questionable tonight.
* Cavs guard Kyrie Irving (finger) is OUT indefinitely.
* Lakers guard Steve Blake (abdominal) is OUT indefinitely.
* Hornets center Anthony Davis (ankle) missed his last two games and is doubtful tonight.
* T’Wolves center Kevin Love (hand) is probable tonight.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Average Posts Per Hour:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Johnny Galloway
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online