College Basketball Betting News and Notes Thursday 11/22
College Basketball Betting News and Notes Thursday 11/22
--West Virginia looked awful in 84-50 debacle at Gonzaga 10 days ago, expect better showing here; Huggins has young team that will improve as season goes on. Marist has all five starters back from 14-18 team, but a 1-2 start includes losses to Stony Brook/Colgate, not a good sign.
-- Davidson has 5 starters back from 25-8 team, but lost at New Mexico, Milwaukee to start season- they lost to Vanderbilt last two years, 87-83 at home LY, 80-52 in Nashville in '11. Commodores lost all 5 starters on LY's 25-11 team- they got crushed 74-48 at Oregon in only road game.
-- Oklahoma has 5 starters back from 15-16 team; they won at a decent Tex-Arlington team 63-59 last game. Big X road favorites are 4-5 vs the spread. UTEP lost last game by 21 at Arizona; they're starting three sophomores. C-USA road underdogs of 6 or less points are 5-3.
-- Gonzaga has 4 starters back from 26-7 team; they won first three tilts, all by 34+ points, including 84-50 win over West Virginia. Clemson has 5 freshman/6 sophs, very young team. ACC road teams are 12-7 against spread, 5-3 as road dogs. WCC favorites are 6-8, 0-2 on road.
-- Missouri lost 4 starters from LY, but UConn transfer Oriakhi is stud inside; Tigers beat three stiffs to start season, go up in class vs Stanford squad that got upset at home by Belmont in last game. SEC favorites are 12-9 vs spread, 2-4 on road. Pac-12 road underdogs are 5-4.
-- Duke is shooting 55% inside arc, 38% outside it in 3-0 start; they have 4 starters back from 27-7 team, already have 75-68 win over Kentucky on neutral floor. Minnesota is 4-0, with 15-point win over Richmond, a pretty good team. Big Dozen road underdogs are 2-6 against spread.
-- Memphis has 4 starters back from 26-9 team; they start four juniors, but only beat two stiffs so far. VCU lost by hoop to Wichita; they have 4 starters back from 29-7 team. CAA single digit underdogs are 9-3 vs the spread. C-USA favorites are 5-7 vs spread, 2-2 away from home.
-- Louisville is 3-0 with wins by 26+ points; they've got three starters back from 30-10 team, have forced turnovers on 32.6% of possessions so far this season. Northern Iowa has 4 starters back from 20-14 team; they've beaten three stiffs, including 84-81 win over Toledo.
-- Pacific has 5 starters back from 11-19 team; they lost first two games vs D-I teams, by 5 to Fresno, 2 to Oral Roberts. Xavier lost all 5 of its tarters from 23-12 team, but they whacked Butler already. Underdogs from Big West are 10-7 on road. Atlantic 16 road favorites are 5-3.
-- 1-2 Drexel's first three games were all decided by 2 points or in OT, a shaky start for team expected to win CAA; Dragons have 4 starters back from 29-7 team. St Mary's has 4 starters back from 27-6 team; 6 of their 7 rotation guys are juniors/seniors. WCC favorites are 7-7, 0-2 on road.
-- Rice was decimated by transfers this summer; they've got one starter back from LY, have 5 frosh/sophs in top six players, already lost by 13 to St Thomas, whoever that is. Georgia Tech has 3 freshmen starting on team that has all 5 starters back, so they've upgraded talent.
-- Cal Bears have 3 starters back from 24-10 team, are 3-0 with 11-point win at Denver, a decent win- Crabbe is one of best guards in west. Drake has 4 staters back from 18-16 team; 5 of their top 6 guys are freshman/ sophomores. MVC road underdogs are 7-2 against the spread.
Great Alaskan Shootout
-- Oral Roberts has 3 starters back from 27-7 team; they lost at UTEP by 20, won by hoop at Pacific, as they get ready for first season in new league, Southland. LMU has 3 starters back from 21-13 team; they lost first road game by 15 at SMU. WCC underdogs are 4-5 vs spread.
-- Charlotte has good recruits to go with 3 returning starters from 13-17 team; they start 2 frosh/3 sophs, whacked three stiffs to start this year. Texas State lost to SMU at home by 3; they've got 2 starters back from 13-17 team. WAC underdogs are 6-10, 4-6 away from home.
Re: College Basketball Betting News and Notes Thursday 11/22
College Basketball Odds, Picks and Trends: Thanksgiving Edition
By: The Linemakers
There are 14 college basketball games spread across four different tournaments in Anaheim, Orlando, The Bahamas and Alaska. Check out all the spreads on our live odds screen.
Here's a look at some trends from ranked teams playing today.
Northern Iowa vs No. 2 Louisville – 9:30 p.m. ET
Line: Louisville -8, Total: 124.5
* Cardinals are 9-0 ATS in their last 9 neutral site games.
* Cardinals are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 non-conference games.
* Cardinals are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 games overall.
Minnesota vs No. 5 Duke – 3:30 p.m. ET
Line: Duke -3.5, Total: 134.5
* Blue Devils are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 non-conference games.
* Blue Devils are 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games overall.
* Golden Gophers are 6-1-1 ATS in their last 8 non-conference games.
* Over is 15-6 in Blue Devils' last 21 Thursday games.
* Over is 14-5 in Golden Gophers' last 19 Thursday games.
* Under is 8-3-1 in Golden Gophers' last 12 non-conference games.
Clemson vs No. 9 Gonzaga – 9:00 p.m. ET
Line: Gonzaga -11.5, Total: 130
* Under is 8-1 in Cardinals' last 9 Thursday games.
* Under is 6-1 in Cardinals' last 7 overall.
* Under is 5-1 in Cardinals' last 6 non-conference games.
* Over is 4-0 in Panthers' last 4 non-conference games.
* Over is 8-2 in Panthers' last 10 games after allowing less than 50 points in their previous game.
* Over is 5-2 in Panthers' last 7 Thursday games.
No. 14 Missouri vs Stanford – 1:30 p.m. ET
Line: Missouri -2.5, Total: 136
* Tigers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 neutral site games.
* Cardinal are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 neutral site games.
* Cardinal are 5-12 ATS in their last 17 Thursday games.
* Over is 10-1 in Tigers' last 11 overall.
* Over is 10-1 in Tigers' last 11 non-conference games.
* Over is 6-2 in Stanford's last 8 overall.
* Over is 6-2 in Stanford's last 8 non-conference games.
* Over is 11-4-1 in Stanford's last 16 Thursday games.
No. 17 Memphis vs VCU – 7:00 p.m. ET
Line: Memphis -2, Total: 132.5
* Tigers are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games overall.
* Tigers are 8-26-1 ATS in their last 35 non-conference games.
* Tigers are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 Thursday games.
* Tigers are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 vs. Atlantic 10.
* Rams are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
* Rams are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 non-conference games.
* Under is 6-1 in Tigers' last 7 Thursday games.
* Over is 4-1-1 in Tigers' last 6 neutral site games.
* Under is 4-1 in Tigers' last 5 non-conference games.
* Under is 4-0 in Rams' last 4 non-conference games.
* Under is 4-0 in Rams' last 4 games following a S.U. win.