NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday 11/3
NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday 11/3
NBA Odds, Picks and Trends: Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012
By: The Linemakers
In the last week the Denver Nuggets have played in Miami, returned home to play the Pistons, jumped on plane to play at Houston the next night, returned home to play the Jazz two nights later, and immediately afterward were on a plane for Saturday's night's game at Oakland.
It's been a busy week for the Nuggets, but they seem to like it. After starting the season 0-3, they have won their past three games and covered their past four.
Perhaps the slow start was due to a few new players finding their place under coach George Karl's system, but they all seem to know where they stand now. Each night someone new has stepped up. Last night it was Corey Brewer, who scored 20 points off the bench and helped close out the fourth quarter in a 104-84 win.
Newcomer Andre Iguodala has fit in well and is part of the reason the Nuggets defense has come alive. Yes, a George Karl team is playing good defense.
Iguodala is currently tied with point guard Ty Lawson, averaging a team high 14.5 points. The Nuggets have eight players averaging eight points or more through six games. Last night, Kenneth Faried and Kosta Koufos each recorded double-doubles.
Tonight the Nuggets are 2-point road favorites with a total of 202 against the Warriors.
The Warriors (3-3) had to feel the wrath of the Lakers drama last night in a 24-point loss, their fifth straight loss to the Lakers. They shot a dismal 33.7 percentage from the field and committed 19 turnovers.
One of positives you can say about the Warriors this year is that they haven't taken poor performances with them into the next game. They haven't won or lost two games in a row yet this season. They are 3-2-1 against-the-spread.
The Warriors have also been resilient in back-to-back nights, covering the spread in 15 of their past 20 instances. They also have gone 16-4 ATS in their past 20 Saturday games.
* Tim Duncan had flu-like symptoms Friday night in Sacramento, but rather than sit the game out, he decided to play and scored a game-high 23-poinits in the Spurs 97-86 win.
* The Suns had the third biggest comeback in team history Friday when they came back from a 26-point second quarter deficit against the Cavs to win 107-105.
* The Grizzlies are 4-1 for the first time since 2001-02, and they have been getting it done with a complete team concept while stars Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph struggle offensively. Friday night the Memphis bench outscored Houston's 29-15 that helped them to a 93-85 win.
* The Knicks are 4-0 for the first time since the 1992-93 season as they beat a hot Mavericks squad at the Garden Friday night, 104-94.
* After missing two games due a concussion, rookie center Anthony Davis dropped 23 points, pulled down 11 boards and swatted five balls away in a 107-99 win against the Bobcats Friday.
* Bucks point guard Brandon Jennings is questionable due to a possible suspension.
* Bulls forward Luol Deng is questionable with a thumb injury.
* Raptors guard Kyle Lowery (ankle) missed his last game and is doubtful tonight.
* Matt Bonner (illness) and Stephen Jackson are both listed as questionable for the Spurs. Tim Duncan isn't listed but is also sick.
* Nuggets forward Wilson Chandler (hip) missed his last game as a precautionary move and is questionable tonight.
* Warriors Forward Andrew Bogut is out as precautionary move to heel his repaired ankle.
* Six of the past seven 76ers-Raptors meetings have resulted in the game staying UNDER the total.
* The Pacers have won six of their past seven meetings over the Wizards, covering four of them.
* The Mavericks have won the past four meetings against the Bobcats -- covering three -- and have gone OVER the total in all four games.
* The Bulls have won and covered their past three meetings with the T-Wolves.
* The Rockets have won and covered their past four meetings with the Pistons.
* The Celtics have won six of their past seven meetings with the Bucks -- covering four times -- and five of the games have gone OVER the total.
* The Spurs have covered four of their past seven meetings with the Blazers.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Average Posts Per Hour:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Laurrie Branum
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online