NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday 11/3
NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday 11/3
NBA: Streaks, Tips, Notes
Utah Jazz at San Antonio Spurs
The Spurs survived tough ones vs Hornets (99-95), Thunder (86-84) but left their backers with a 0-1-1 mark at the betting window. Things could look up for San Antonio backers Saturday when Spurs host Utah Jazz. Spurs have had their way with Jazz winning 13-of-18 encounters cashing ten tickets (10-7-1 ATS) including a 7-2 (5-3-1 ATS) mark on home court with a 10.8 PPG winning margin. San Antonio backers can also take comfort in knowing Spurs are on a smart 16-4-2 ATS stretch as home favorites off a game in which they shot =>45.0% from the field and that Jazz are on a 2-4 ATS skid off a road game playing without rest, 3-7-1 ATS away vs. the southwest.
Re: NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday 11/3
NBA Odds, Picks and Notes
By: The Linemakers
We thought of James Harden as one of the better players in the league while playing in Oklahoma City, but we also thought of him as the third wheel. Despite a few flurries of high-scoring nights in OKC, he would never get his chance to be the go-to player with the offense running through Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.
We also tried to weigh out the old question of "would you rather win a championship or would you rather have the individual accolades?" that we use to define a player's character. But before we could seriously answer the question, Harden went out and scored 82 points in his first two games with Houston. More importantly, Harden led the Rockets to two wins.
Harden scored a career-high 45 points Friday night at Atlanta. Only two other players have scored as many points in their team's first two games of the season: Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan. While no adjustment has been made on the Rockets' odds to win the NBA championship at the LVH Super Book (300-1), assistant manager Jeff Sherman has made an adjustment on the Rockets' daily rating from last season.
"After the last two games we made a major adjustment on the Rockets, but not immediately after the trade. We have dropped the Thunder a half-point and raised the Rockets up two points," Sherman said.
Tonight the Rockets welcome the Blazers, a team that beat the Lakers but got blasted last night in Oklahoma City. The Blazers defense has allowed both its opponents to score 106 points and shoot better than 50 percent from the field. The Blazers' best player so far has been rookie Damian Lillard, who scored 21 points and handed out seven assists against the Thunder last night.
The Rockets are 5.5-point favorites in this one with an over/under total of 205 points. Houston has won and covered four of its past six meetings with the Blazers, and that was without Harden, of course. For updated NBA lines, please visit our live odds page.
* The Clippers don't even have Chauncey Billups or Grant Hill in their rotation yet, but they might already have the best, most productive bench in the league. Through two games, the bench has contributed 93 points, 50 of them coming from Jamal Crawford. In Friday's 105-95 win against the Lakers, the Clippers reserves outscored the Lakers' bench 44-16.
* The T'Wolves bench may not be on the plateau of the Clippers just yet, but it did score half of the 92 points in the win against the Jazz on Friday night. J.J. Barea led the way with 21 points, but a couple newcomers that people may not realize were still playing made contributions. Brandon Roy returned after a year of retirement to score 10 points and dish out six assists; Andrei Kirilenko, who played in Russia last year, returned to score 10 points with seven rebounds and five assists. Chase Budinger and Greg Stiemsma also played big roles off the bench.
* Kemba Walker scored 30 points to lead the Bobcats to a win against the Pacers on Friday night, ending a 23-game losing streak. It also put an end to a seven-game win streak the Pacers had against Charlotte during the past two years.
* Andrew Bogut will sit out tonight's game against the Clippers because the Warriors don't want to risk injury while playing back-to-back nights. This could be the theme throughout the early weeks of the season as they bring Bogut back slowly.
* Warriors super-sub Brandon Rush left last night's game in the first quarter with a knee injury that was described by one of his teammates as "nasty looking." The worry is that Rush dislocated the knee and could be out awhile.
* Steve Nash did not play Friday night against the Clippers due to a deep thigh bruise and his status for Sunday's home game against the Pistons is highly questionable.
* Hornets rookie center Anthony Davis, the No. 1-overall draft pick, took an accidental elbow to the head by teammate Austin Rivers and never returned to the game due to a possible concussion. Davis' status for tonight's game in his hometown of Chicago is up in the air.
* Hornets guard Eric Gordon will be out 4-6 weeks with a knee injury. The Hornets matched the Suns' $58 million offer this summer to keep the oft-injured Gordon.
* Dwyane Wade (knee) is listed as questionable for tonight's game against Denver.
NBA Trends for Saturday
* The Celtics are 13-4 ATS in road games against Southeast opponents the past two seasons. They play at Washington tonight.
* The underdog Nuggets, who have covered their past three games against the Heat, are getting 8.5 points tonight at Miami. Both the Nuggets and Heat are coming off losses Friday night, but the Heat have further to travel to get to tonight's game coming from New York, while the Nuggets come down from Orlando.
* The Bulls have won their past four games against the Hornets, but went 2-2 ATS.
* The Spurs have won 10 of their past 11 games against the Jazz, going 7-3-1 ATS.
* The Bucks have won seven of their past eight games against the Cavs (4-3 ATS) with six of the games going over the total.
* The Warriors have covered six of their past eight games against the Clippers.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Average Posts Per Hour:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online