NOW HIRING - HANDICAPPERS
TheSpread Insiders are looking for new handicapping talent to add to our roster for this upcoming Football season. If you are an amateur handicapper looking to take your game to the next level or an existing full time handicapper looking to to get associated with and established brand like TheSpread.com now is your chance.
Contact Us using the link at the top of the page to introduce yourself and find out more!
Big Ten College Basketball Preview
Big Ten College Basketball Preview
Big Ten College Basketball Preview by Jerry Lambert
by: Great Lakes Sports
Welcome to another exciting College Basketball season and we here at Great Lakes Sports will give our predictions in the Big Ten conference for the 2008-2009 season, and as always good luck this season from Great Lakes Sports.
1. Michigan State - The Spartans return three starters back from a team that went 27-19 last year, and will have one of the best front courts in the country, as they are led by All Big Ten 6’7” junior Raymar Morgan who averaged 14.0ppg last season with over six rebounds per game. The Spartans also had a very solid recruiting class led by 6’8” Freshman Delvon Roe, and we here at Great Lakes Sports look for the Michigan State Spartans to win the highly competitive Big 10 title, and will play the North Carolina Tarheels for the NCAA Championship
2. Wisconsin- The Wisconsin Badgers return three starters back from last year’s team that had an outstanding 31-5 record. The Badgers are led by Forwards senior 6’7” Marcus Landry (10.8ppg), and senior 6’7” Joe Krabbenhoft (7.6ppg), and with the Badgers strong inside presence we look for the Wisconsin Badgers will be able to keep the score low. We look for the Wisconsin Badgers to battle the Michigan State for the Big Ten Title, and we see them to come up short and finish second in the highly competitive Big Ten conference.
3. Purdue- The Purdue Boilermakers returns all five starters back from last year’s squad that went a very nice 25-9 last year. The Boilermakers are led by 6’3” sophomore guard (12.9ppg), and with the quickness, and athleticism of the Purdue Boilermakers scoring points won’t be a problem but they will need to improve their defense, and the depth on their team to contend in the Big Ten. We will call for the Purdue Boilermakers to finish in third place in the rugged Big Ten conference.
4. Ohio State- The Ohio State Buckeyes return only two starters back from a team that went 24-13 last year, and won the NIT tournament. The problem is that every time the Buckeyes reload with a strong recruiting class they will lose a guy to the NBA draft, which could be the case this year with highly touted Center BJ Mullins who was rated one of the to Center’s in the country. We look for the young Ohio State Buckeyes finish in fourth place in the Big Ten with a chance to go to the Big Dance this year.
5. Illinois- The Illinois Fighting Illini returns three starters back from a squad that had a very disappointing season finishing with a dismal 16-19 record last year. The Fighting Illini is led by 6’2” senior guard Trent Meacham (10.1ppg), and the problem with the Fighting Illini is that they do not have much depth, and their starters will have to play longer the Coach Bruce Webber would like. We here will call for the Fighting Illini to finish in fifth place in the rugged Big Ten conference with a shot at the NIT tournament.
6. Penn State- The Penn State Nittany Lions return four starters back from last year’s team that went 15-16. The Nittany Lions also had a very solid recruiting class led by very highly touted freshman 6’5” guard Chris Babb who is a very good perimeter shooter. The Penn State Nittany Lions are still a year away from taking the next step in the Big Ten but we will call the to finish in sixth place, and with an NIT Berth this season.
7. Michigan- The Michigan Wolverines return four starters back from last year’s team that went a terrible 10-22 last season. The Wolverines have improved a little bit from last year’s squad but will lack size, and athletic ability to contend in the rugged Big Ten Conference. We look for the Michigan Wolverines to end up in seventh place in the Big Ten Conference this season.
8. Indiana- The Indiana Hoosiers who has always been noted for their Basketball program has fallen on hard times this year with only two starters back from last year’s 25-8 team, and with a new Head Coach in Tom Crean it will take some time for the Indiana Hoosiers to adapt to his system. We here at Great Lakes Sports to call for the Indiana Hoosiers to finish in eighth place in the highly contested Big Ten Conference this season.
9. Minnesota- The Minnesota Golden Gophers will be in a rebuilding mode this season with only one returning starter back from a team that went 20-14 last season. The Golden Gophers will need to improve on their defense, and will need get some depth this season, and if this can happen the Minnesota Golden Gophers might have another twenty win season. We here at Great Lakes Sports think this will be a tall order for the Golden Gophers therefore we here at Great Lakes Sports will call for the Minnesota Golden Gophers to finish in ninth place in the rugged Big Ten Conference this year.
10. Iowa- The Iowa Hawkeyes return only two starters back from last year’s team that went only 13-19, and with a lack of scoring points this season with no Hawkeye averaging in double digits in scoring this could be a very long season for the Hawkeye faithful. We here at Great Lakes Sports look for the overmatch Iowa Hawkeyes to end up in tenth place in the highly contested Big Ten Conference.
11. Northwestern- The Northwestern Wildcats return three starters back from last year’s team that went a terrible 8-22 last season. We look for more of the same from the Wildcats as they do not have the speed, and depth to take the step to the next level in the Big Ten Conference. We here at Great Lakes Sports look for the overmatch Northwestern Wildcats to finish in last place in the rugged Big Ten Conference this season.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Average Posts Per Hour:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online