TheSpread is Pleased to Welcome GTBets as Our Newest Sportsbook Sponsor!
Limited Time Offer - Free $20 Bet Just for Signing Up! Don't Miss Out on Free Money, This Offer Will Expire Soon Click Here to Get Your Free $20 Bet
NFL: Key Stats - Week 7
NFL: Key Stats - Week 7
Key Stats - Week 7
By Scott Rickenbach
NFL Week Seven: Five Stats You Need to Know
Heading into Week Seven of the NFL please note these stats (all are ATS – against the spread, unless otherwise noted) are definitely items to consider as you look at the deep NFL card. However, this does not mean these are "plays" in the true sense of the word. That said, the hope is that the ATS information below helps you as you "traverse" this week’s NFL card!
1) EIGHT Rams first downs (read on). The Dallas Cowboys have a lot of question marks heading into Sunday’s action because of the injury situation with Tony Romo. However, one thing is for certain, there could be significant line value with ‘The Boys’ this weekend. That’s because the line has dropped like a rock through the week. While the injury situation has something to do with that, so does the fact that the Cowboys lost in OT at Arizona while the Rams are off of a big upset win on the road at Washington. A closer look inside the numbers shows that victory may not be as impressive as one would think! St Louis had just EIGHT first downs against the Redskins and Washington outgained them by a yardage ratio of nearly two to one! As for the Cowboys, they outgained the Cardinals by about a hundred yards in the OT loss. Could there be value with a banged-up Dallas team this week?
2) The Chicago Bears are just 1-5 in their last six games as a favorite against a divisional opponent. They’re facing a Minnesota Vikings team that has lost the money just four times in their last 13 games as a road dog facing a divisional foe. Chicago is coming off of a gut-wrenching two-point loss at Atlanta and that could make things even tougher on them this week! As for Minnesota, they only beat the Lions by two points but they certainly could have won by a much bigger margin! The Vikes outgained the Lions by a 392 to 220 margin! Turnovers, as they are often are, could be the key in this one!
3) The Tennessee Titans are on a 5-0 ATS run! Also, the Titans have lost to the spread just twice in their last ten road games! Tennessee is laying sizable points on the road Sunday but they’re visiting a Kansas City team that has covered the spread just once in their last seven home games! Both teams are coming off of the bye week so there is no real edge there and that means the edges will be in how these teams match-up on the field. That said, the Chiefs are one of the worst teams in the league statistically and it is unlikely that the Titans will overlook them since they’re coming off of their bye week refreshed and refocused on extending their unbeaten to start the season.
4) The San Diego Chargers are just 1-7 on the road when facing a non-divisional opponent. After annihilating the Patriots on Sunday night, a big revenge win for the Chargers, the trip to Buffalo could certainly prove to be most arduous! San Diego has covered just twice in their last eight road games played in the Eastern Time zone. They also could be flat because the big win over the Patriots was a significant revenge situation. Facing a Bills team that is off of their bye week won’t help matters for the Chargers. This is especially true when you consider that the Bills have lost the money just once in their last 11 games when facing a non-division foe and coming off of their bye week. Tough spot for the Chargers and a good one for the Bills so this one could be worth a look!
5) The Oakland Raiders are 3-10 at home when they’re facing a team from outside the AFC West! This week it’s the Jets that Oakland is hosting and New York has covered four of their last five road games. Also, the Jets are 10-5 on the road when they are favored and facing a non-division foe. New York is coming off of a 12 point win over Cincinnati while the Raiders just got crushed by 31 points at New Orleans. That loss versus the Saints featured Oakland getting outgained by over 200 yards and things could stay ugly for the Raiders here as the Jets look improved and have proven to be "the play" in situations like this in the past.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Average Posts Per Hour:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Ryan moore
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online