UFC 69 - THE SHOOTOUT

UFC 69 - THE SHOOTOUT

UFC 69 - THE SHOOTOUT
By BetUS Staff

Saturday, the warriors of the Octagon enter the cage for another stellar night of bone crushing betting action in UFC 69 - THE SHOOTOUT. If you haven't checked out the sport that's sweeping the world off its feet, now's the time.

The great card includes a main event featuring Georges ''Rush'' St-Pierre, or GSP, vs. Matt ''The Terror'' Serra. A native of Montreal, St-Pierre brings a record of 13-1-1 into the fight. GSP's only defeat came at the hands of former champion Matt Hughes. St-Pierre utilizes great take downs, strength, and ground-n-pound techniques to beat his opponents.

Serra owns a solid record of his own, at 15-4-0. Serra is a scrappy New Yorker, who is not only a world-renowned ground fighter, but someone who is not afraid to trade blows, something he’s done with some of the best in the world over the years.

Both fighters are coming off victories. St-Pierre won his last battle against former UFC World Welterweight Champion Matt Hughes in devastating fashion, and Serra fought to a unanimous decision over Chris Lytle.

Oddsmakers are giving Serra very little chance to pull off the upset, as St-Pierre is the overwelming favorite at -900, but Serra (+600) is as live an underdog as you’ll find in this sport.

Also on this great night of fight action, Diego "Nightmare" Sanchez (-250) will face Josh "Kos" Koscheck (+175), his former TUF1 training partner. These two guys legitimately hate each other. Sanchez is 19-0-0 and Koscheck is 10-1-0.

Bad blood means great action!

There are many other spectacular fights, so don't miss any of the UFC 69 action - THE SHOOTOUT.

Are you ready? Let's get it on!

mvbski
useravatar
Offline
43759 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: UFC 69 - THE SHOOTOUT

UFC 69 - Shootout
April 6, 2007
By Sportsbook.com 

This Saturday evening, Welterweight Champion, Georges St. Pierre headlines the fight card for UFC 69: Shootout. GSP (13-1) will defend his title for the first time since pummeling UFC legend, Matt Hughes back in November. GSP will take on UFC veteran and winner of UFC’s popular television series “The Ultimate Fighter 4” Matt Serra (15-4).

Serra who first fought in the UFC way back in 2001 thrives on the ground with his jiu-jitsu skills. As skilled as Serra is on the ground, he is a liability on his feet. GSP, on the other hand, is equally skilled both on the ground and on his feet. If Serra is going to have any chance at defeating GSP, it is imperative that he get this fight on the ground as soon as possible, if not it could be a long night or in this case short night for Serra.

Just looking at the odds and the action thus far, it appears as if not many people (handicappers and gamblers included) are giving the challenger much of a shot. About 80% of the early money is backing GSP despite his odds of -800. It is interesting to note that even though only 20% of the cash is on the underdog Serra, with a +500 payout, Sportsbook.com will definitely be rooting for the reigning champion.

In the second “high profile” fight of the evening, welterweights Diego Sanchez (19-0) and Josh Koscheck (10-1) will square off. These two are quite familiar with each other as Sanchez defeated Koscheck in the inaugural season of “The Ultimate Fighter.” Many believe the winner of this bout will be next in line to get a title shot in the welterweight division.

Sanchez is the owner of an extremely well rounded game but his strength is definitely on the mat where he utilizes his grappling and ground and pound skills. Koscheck also thrives on the ground due to his world class wrestling skills. Unlike his opponent, “Kos” is still very raw in all the other aspects of MMA but he is rapidly improving and no one can question his athleticism and grappling skills.

With MMA events, viewership and wagering on the rise; the only place to bet on the UFC is at Sportsbook.com. After all, Sportsbook.com is the first online sports book to sponsor and offer odds on MMA.

mvbski
useravatar
Offline
43759 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:
 
Total Topics:
44232
Total Polls:
2
Total Posts:
274496
Average Posts Per Hour:
3.6
User Info:
 
Total Users:
3446
Newest User:
Erron
Members Online:
2
Guests Online:
2689

Online: 
Blade, Erron

Forum Legend:

 Topic
 New
 Locked
 Sticky
 Active
 New/Locked
 Sticky/Locked

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Contact Us | Advertising | 888-99-SPREAD

THIS IS NOT A GAMBLING SITE – If you think you have a gambling problem click here.

Disclaimer: This site is for informational and entertainment purposes only. Individual users are responsible for the laws regarding accessing gambling information from their jurisdictions. Many countries around the world prohibit gambling, please check the laws in your location. Any use of this information that may violate any federal, state, local or international law is strictly prohibited.

Copyright: The information contained on TheSpread.com website is protected by international copyright and may not be reproduced, or redistributed in any way without expressed written consent.

About: TheSpread.com is the largest sports betting news site in the United States. We provide point spread news, odds, statistics and information to over 199 countries around the world each year. Our coverage includes all North American College and Professional Sports as well as entertainment, political and proposition wagering news.

©1999-2013 TheSpread.com