TheSpread is Pleased to Welcome GTBets as Our Newest Sportsbook Sponsor!
New Players Coming From TheSpread Can Enjoy a 100% Cash Signup Bonus. Click This Link to Join GTBets Now!
Basketball News And Notes 3/18
Basketball News And Notes 3/18
NBA Today - March 18
Sun, Mar 18, 2007
By Associated Press
Sunday, March 18
Minnesota at L.A. Lakers (8 p.m. EDT). The Lakers have lost seven of their last eight games. Oddsmakers have listed L.A. as 7-point favorites and the total is set at 197.
- Allen Iverson, Nuggets, had 44 points and 15 assists in a 131-107 win over the Suns.
- LeBron James, Cavaliers, had 24 points, 17 rebounds, and nine assists in an 82-73 win over the Jazz.
- Baron Davis, Warriors, hit a jumper from just inside the 3-point line at the top of the key with 2.3 seconds left to give Golden State a 99-98 win over Seattle.
- Gilbert Arenas, Wizards, scored 30 points - including a pair of four-point plays - and had 11 assists in a 125-103 win over the Hornets.
- Hakim Warrick, Grizzlies, hit the winning free throw with 4.3 seconds left to lead Memphis to a 104-103 victory over the Chicago Bulls.
Allen Iverson scored 44 points and dished out 15 assists in leading the Denver Nuggets to a 131-107 blowout of the Phoenix Suns on Saturday night. Carmelo Anthony augmented Iverson's night with 29 points in 32 minutes in the duo's best performance since the holiday trade that brought them together three months ago.
Troy Murphy scored 22 points and Mike Dunleavy added 21 to help the Indiana Pacers beat the Atlanta Hawks 113-90 on Saturday night to snap their 11-game losing streak. Another loss for the Pacers would have tied a franchise record for consecutive defeats last reached in the 1988-89 season. ... Kevin Martin scored 20 points, Ron Artest added 19 and the Sacramento Kings rallied to beat the Orlando Magic 95-83 to end a five-game losing streak.
Paul Pierce led Boston with 30 points as the Celtics beat the Spurs 91-85 Saturday for their first victory in San Antonio in more than 17 years. The Celtics last beat the Spurs in San Antonio on Feb. 14, 1990. The Spurs had won 18 straight against the Celtics and 15 straight at home.
STRONG IN DEFEAT
Chicago's Ben Gordon scored 33 points in a 104-103 loss to Memphis on Saturday night. ... Tony Parker scored 30 points in San Antonio's 91-85 loss to the Spurs.
''With every 10 fans that miss me there are probably 10 or more that wish they could shoot me.'' - Carlos Boozer, who played in his first game back in Cleveland on Saturday night since he left nearly three years ago for more money in Utah. Boozer scored 19 points and had 14 rebounds in an 82-73 loss.
Re: Basketball News And Notes 3/18
Wisconsin's Brian Butch has been cleared to play today, after missing the last 5 games with a dislocated right elbow.
Southern Illinois's Matt Shaw (ankle) is extremely doubtful today after not practicing Saturday according to the Springfield State Journal Register.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Average Posts Per Hour:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Jim Michalik
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online