Young writes: The Atlanta Hawks are 8-2 straight up in their last 10 home meetings with the Houston Rockets. The Hawks have won 3 straight home games over Houston as well. This is a scary game for the Rockets as they try to extend their winning streak to 19 games. This will be Houston’s toughest test in 8 games where they have played 7 of their last 8 contests at home. Now they hit the road against a very hungry Hawks’ squad that is fighting for their playoff lives in the Eastern Conference. Houston is 4-14 ATS after a game where they made 50% of their 3 point shots or better over the last 3 seasons. Atlanta is great defensively and will limit the open 3-point looks the Rockets have become accustomed to. The 19-game winning streak ends tonight. Take Atlanta and the points.
Public betting information currently shows that of the 3,936 wagers placed on tonight’s game, 63% of bettors like Houston -5.
Some trends to consider for tonight’s game:
- HOUSTON is 37-25 ATS (+9.5 Units) in all games this season.
- HOUSTON is 67-45 ATS (+17.5 Units) in road games over the last 3 seasons.
- HOUSTON is 15-2 ATS (+12.8 Units) second half of the season this season.
- HOUSTON is 20-8 ATS (+11.2 Units) against Southeast division opponents over the last 3 seasons.
- HOUSTON is 17-8 ATS (+8.2 Units) after a non-conference game this season.
- HOUSTON is 18-9 ATS (+8.1 Units) in non-conference games this season.
- HOUSTON is 16-7 ATS (+8.3 Units) after a win by 10 points or more this season.
- HOUSTON is 17-6 ATS (+10.4 Units) after 3 or more consecutive wins this season.
- HOUSTON is 19-7 ATS (+11.3 Units) in road games versus poor defensive teams - allowing 99+ points/game over the last 2 seasons.
- HOUSTON is 3-2 against the spread versus ATLANTA over the last 3 seasons
- HOUSTON is 3-2 straight up against ATLANTA over the last 3 seasons
- 3 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons
For NBA Odds and Picks visit www.spreadexperts.com