|2/29/2008 Philadelphia 76ers at Golden State Warriors Free Picks by Jimmy Boyd|
|Written by Anthony Rome|
|Friday, 29 February 2008 07:08|
The Philadelphia 76ers travel to Golden State to take on the Warriors Friday night and Jimmy Boyd says that Golden State will cover the spread. Oddmakers from online sportsbook Bodog opened the line at Golden State -6, but the line has since dropped to Golden State –5.5.
Boyd writes: The 76ers struggle against up-tempo teams and that's really all you need to know here. Philly is 7-20 ATS versus up-tempo teams averaging 83 or more shots/game over the last 3 seasons. Golden State has won 4 straight games against the Sixers and is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 home games with Philly. The Warriors are a very good home team at 19-10 on the season while the 76ers have struggled on the road at just 10-18. Philly is only 9-22 ATS in a road game where the total is greater than or equal to 200 over the last 3 seasons. The 76ers can't sustain a high level of play for an entire game against up-tempo teams. Lay the points tonight.
Public betting information currently shows that of the 2,088 wagers placed on tonight’s game, 53% of bettors like Golden State –5.5. Accuscore agrees with the public and has Golden State as a 65% favorite.
Some trends to consider for tonight’s game:
- PHILADELPHIA is 8-21 ATS (-15.1 Units) when the total is greater than or equal to 210 since 1996.
- PHILADELPHIA is 28-15 ATS (+11.5 Units) second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
- PHILADELPHIA is 17-7 ATS (+9.3 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 99+ points/game - 2nd half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
- GOLDEN STATE is 23-33 ATS (-13.3 Units) in all games this season.
- GOLDEN STATE is 13-22 ATS (-11.2 Units) as a favorite this season.
- GOLDEN STATE is 10-19 ATS (-10.9 Units) in home games this season.
- GOLDEN STATE is 8-17 ATS (-10.7 Units) in a home game where the total is greater than or equal to 210 this season.
- GOLDEN STATE is 6-16 ATS (-11.6 Units) in February games over the last 2 seasons.
- GOLDEN STATE is 14-28 ATS (-16.8 Units) after scoring 105 points or more this season.
- GOLDEN STATE is 2-12 ATS (-11.2 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
- GOLDEN STATE is 3-2 against the spread versus PHILADELPHIA over the last 3 seasons
- GOLDEN STATE is 4-1 straight up against PHILADELPHIA over the last 3 seasons
- 3 of 5 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons
For NBA Odds and Picks visit www.spreadexperts.com