|2/28/2008 UCLA at Arizona State Free Picks by John Martin|
|Written by Anthony Rome|
|Thursday, 28 February 2008 07:50|
The UCLA Bruins take on the Arizona State Sun Devils Thursday and John Martin suggests putting 1 unit on UCLA to cover the spread. Oddmakers from online sportsbook Bodog opened the betting line at UCLA, -7 but the line has since dropped to UCLA –6.5.
Martin writes: UCLA already beat up on Arizona State by 33 points back on January 31st with a final of 84-51. This is an indication that ASU can’t hang with the dynamic UCLA offense that gets after it defensively as well. UCLA has one of the best big men in the country in Kevin Love. They also have outstanding guard play in Collison, Ship and Westbrook. UCLA has won 5 straight meetings with ASU over the last 3 seasons. UCLA is 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games overall. UCLA is 7-1 ATS in all road games this season. They actually have played their best basketball away from home this year. Following their 33-point victory over the Sun Devils earlier this year, UCLA will put another beat down on this overmatched Arizona State squad tonight. Cash in with UCLA as the favorite.
Public betting information shows that of the 4,293 wagers currently placed on tonight’s game, 73% of bettors like the UCLA to cover the 6.5-point spread against Arizona State. Accuscore has UCLA as a 63% favorite.
Some trends to consider for tonight’s game:
- ARIZONA ST is 6-0 ATS (+6.0 Units) in home games versus good defensive teams - allowing <=64 points/game after 15+ games over the last 2 seasons.
- ARIZONA ST is 8-1 ATS (+6.9 Units) in home games versus good defensive teams - allowing <=64 points/game over the last 2 seasons.
- UCLA is 16-8 ATS (+7.2 Units) in all games this season.
- UCLA is 16-8 ATS (+7.2 Units) in all lined games this season.
- UCLA is 15-8 ATS (+6.2 Units) as a favorite this season.
- UCLA is 7-1 ATS (+5.9 Units) in road games this season.
- UCLA is 7-1 ATS (+5.9 Units) in road lined games this season.
- UCLA is 20-9 ATS (+10.1 Units) in road games against conference opponents over the last 3 seasons.
- UCLA is 20-9 ATS (+10.1 Units) in road games after a conference game over the last 3 seasons.
- UCLA is 16-6 ATS (+9.4 Units) in road games off a win against a conference rival over the last 3 seasons.
- UCLA is 42-28 ATS (+11.2 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons.
- ARIZONA ST is 4-1 against the spread versus UCLA over the last 3 seasons
- UCLA is 5-0 straight up against ARIZONA ST over the last 3 seasons
- 3 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons
For NCAA Odds and Picks visit www.spreadexperts.com