|2/21/2008 Dayton at La Salle Free Pick by Larry Cook|
|Written by Anthony Rome|
|Thursday, 21 February 2008 12:26|
The Dayton Flyers takes on the La Salle Thursday and Larry Cook suggests putting 3 units on Dayton to cover the spread. Oddmakers from online sportsbook Bodog opened the betting line at Dayton -1, but the line has since risen to Dayton –1.5.
Cook writes: Dayton is one of those teams that is clearly on the bubble right now in terms of the NCAA Tournament. With their 17-7 record, they will not allow themselves to fall to an 11-13 La Salle club tonight. Dayton has won 13 of their last 17 meetings with La Salle so history is clearly on their side. La Salle is just 1-4 ATS in all home games this season. La Salle is 0-6 ATS at home when the line is +3 to -3 over the last 2 seasons. La Salle is 11-25 ATS in home games when playing against a good team (Win Pct. 60% to 80%) since 1997. Bet an inspired Dayton team on the road.
Public betting information shows that of the 5,124 wagers currently placed on tonight’s game, 71% of bettors like the Dayton to cover the 1.5-point spread against La Salle. Accuscore has La Salle as a 54% favorite.
Some trends to consider for tonight’s game:
- LASALLE is 9-2 ATS (+6.8 Units) as an underdog this season.
- LASALLE is 21-37 ATS (-19.7 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record since 1997.
- LASALLE is 1-1 against the spread versus DAYTON over the last 3 seasons
- LASALLE is 1-1 straight up against DAYTON over the last 3 seasons
- Dayton: 0-6 ATS Away when the line is +3 to –3
- La Salle: 9-2 ATS as an underdog
- 2 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons
Dayton’s top scorer is Brian Roberts, who is averaging 18.3 points per game, 3.5 assists and 3.0 rebounds. La Salle’s top scorer is Darnell Harris, who is averaging 12.7 points per game, 2.0 assists and 2.6 rebounds.
For NCAA Odds and Picks visit www.spreadexperts.com
50% Bonus for New Players
Are You Ready for Hoops?
Get Your Message In Front of
Thousands of Sports Fans Now
Live Odds, Scores, Injuries
And More - 14 Day Free Trial!
Easiest Time to Play is Now!
Nearly 66% Lifetime