|2/9/2008 Northwestern at Michigan State Free Picks by Larry Cook|
|Written by Anthony Rome|
|Saturday, 09 February 2008 09:34|
The Northwestern Wildcats travel to East Lansing take on the Michigan State Spartans Saturday and Larry Cook suggests putting 3 units on Michigan State to cover the spread. Oddmakers from online sportsbook Bodog opened the betting line at Michigan State –18.5.
Cook writes: Michigan State gets the luxury of going up against the worst team in the Big Ten conference Saturday. Coming off a bad road loss at Penn State will have the Spartans fired up and ready to go at home today. Northwestern comes to town and will likely suffer their worst loss of the season. The Wildcats have yet to earn a win in Big Ten play this season. They are 0-9 in conference play and 3-6 ATS as well. Northwestern is 1-9 ATS in road games after 3 straight games committing 11 or less turnovers since 1997. Michigan State’s pressure defense will force many turnovers and easy buckets in transition for their play-makers such as Ramar Morgan. Bet Michigan State at home.
Public betting information shows that of the 1,125 wagers currently placed on tonight’s game, 63% of bettors like Michigan State to cover the 18.5-point spread.
Some trends to consider for tonight’s game:
- MICHIGAN ST is 52-32 ATS (+16.8 Units) in home games against conference opponents since 1997.
- MICHIGAN ST is 51-30 ATS (+18.0 Units) in home games after a conference game since 1997.
- MICHIGAN ST is 31-16 ATS (+13.4 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997.
- NORTHWESTERN is 26-12 ATS (+12.8 Units) in road games in February games since 1997.
- MICHIGAN ST is 3-1 against the spread versus NORTHWESTERN over the last 3 seasons
- MICHIGAN ST is 4-0 straight up against NORTHWESTERN over the last 3 seasons
- 3 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons
For NCAA Odds and Picks visit www.spreadexperts.com