|2/6/2008 San Antonio Spurs at Washington Wizards Free Pick by Jeff Alexander|
|Written by Anthony Rome|
|Wednesday, 06 February 2008 09:37|
The San Antonio Spurs travel to Washington to take on the Wizards Wednesday night and Jeff Alexander says that the Wizards will cover the spread. Oddmakers from online sportsbook Bodog opened the betting San Antonio –2, but the line has since raised to San Antonio –6.5.
Alexander writes: The Spurs have won 2 in a row on the road, but after playing last night in Indiana, it's going to be very difficult for them to get back up for another one tonight. Washington has struggled its last several games, but watch how a date with the defending world champs ignites its competitive spirit tonight. The Wizards are 15-10 SU and ATS at home this season. The Spurs are 10-11 SU and 8-13 ATS on the road. Here's the key trend: the Spurs are only 1-8 ATS when playing on back-to-back days this season. Washington is also 9-0 ATS in home games versus poor pressure defensive teams forcing 14 or less turnovers/game this season. Take the Wizards at home.
San Antonio’s top three scorers are Tim Duncan (23.0 points per game, 3.3 assists and 12.5 rebounds), Manu Ginobilli (20.2 points per game, 5.2 assists and 5.3 rebounds) and Michael Finely (10.5 points per game, 2.1 assists and 3.8 rebounds). Washington’s top three scorers are Antawn Jamison (22.6 points per game, 2.1 assists and 9.9 rebounds), DeShawn Stevenson (10.8 points per game, 2.8 assists and 3.3 rebounds) and Andray Blatche (10.6 points per game, 2.0 assists and 8.6 rebounds).
Some trends to consider for tonight’s game:
-SAN ANTONIO is 1-8 ATS (-7.8 Units) when playing on back-to-back days this season.
-SAN ANTONIO is 435-373 ATS (+24.7 Units) as a favorite since 1996.
- SAN ANTONIO is 193-149 ATS (+29.1 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season since 1996.
- WASHINGTON is 23-45 ATS (-26.5 Units) as a home underdog of 3 points or less since 1996.
- WASHINGTON is 5-17 ATS (-13.7 Units) in home games second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
- SAN ANTONIO is 3-2 against the spread versus WASHINGTON over the last 3 seasons
- SAN ANTONIO is 4-1 straight up against WASHINGTON over the last 3 seasons
- 3 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons
For NBA Odds and Picks visit www.spreadexperts.com