|1/24/2008 San Antonio Spurs at Miami Heat Free Pick From John Martin|
|Written by Anthony Rome|
|Thursday, 24 January 2008 09:11|
The San Antonio Spurs travel to Miami to take on the Heat Thursday night and John Martin says to put 1 unit on the Spurs to cover the spread. Oddmakers from online sportsbook Bodog opened the betting line at San Antonio –8, but the line has jumped to San Antonio –9.5.
Martin writes: San Antonio will keep rolling tonight as they head to Miami. The Heat have now lost 14 straight games and it’s not going to turn around tonight as they have found out they are once again losing Shaq to injury for another 2 weeks. The Heat are 1-13 ATS in during this 14-game skid as well. Miami is just 4-15 ATS in home games this season. Miami is 2-16 ATS against team that force 14 or less turnovers this season. Cash in with San Antonio as the favorite.
Public betting information shows that of the 3,606 wagers placed on tonight’s game, 76% of bettors like the Spurs to cover the 9.5-point spread. AccuScore also likes the Spurs and has them as a 76% favorite.
San Antonio’s top three scores are Tim Duncan (19.1 points per game, 3.8 assists, 11.7 rebounds), Tony Parker (19.0 points per game, 6.5 assists, 3.5 rebounds) and Manu Ginobili (18.5 points per game, 4.3 assists, 4.9 rebounds). Miami’s top three scorers are Dwyane Wade (25.7 points per game, 6.8 assists, 4.5 rebounds), Ricky Davis (11.8 points per game, 3.3 assists, 3.6 rebounds) and Udonis Haslem (10.3 points per game, 1.4 assists, 8.7 rebounds).
Some trends to consider for tonight’s game:
- San Antonio is 540-486 ATS in all games since 1996.
- San Antonio is 434-370 ATS as a favorite since 1996.
- San Antonio is 83-58 ATS after 3 or more consecutive unders since 1996.
- Miami is 14-27 ATS in all games this season.
- Miami is 4-15 ATS in home games this season.
- Miami is 1-9 ATS in January games this season.
- Miami is 2-11 ATS in home games after 3 or more consecutive losses over the last 3 seasons.
For NBA Odds and Picks visit www.spreadexperts.com